Halloween Goblins

The street where my daughter lives is one of the most popular places in our town for Halloween. Being a one-way street with a circle at the end, there is not a lot of through traffic which seems to make a friendlier and, hopefully, safer environment for the hundreds (not kidding) of spooks who haunt there every Halloween. We used to have quite a few kids come by our house. However, we now take our candy and go over to her house for some light refreshments and fun spent with family and friends. We watch the costumed goblins, small and not so small, and pass out treats to those who show up there from way before dark until the candy or we, or both, give out.

I wish I could have taken some pictures of all the little ones and their costumes because they were pretty awesome. Instead, I will share with you some pictures of my grands, at least the ones who are still young enough to participate in trick-or-treat. My three granddaughters still enjoy Halloween as trick-or-treaters. 

Princesses Anna and Elsa from Disney's movie "Frozen" were the most popular costumes worn by the little ones last night, by a landslide. Even some of the bigger goblins who were chaperoning the smaller ones were wearing Anna and Elsa costumes. Seriously, I think I am not very far off base when I tell that some costume makers and toy manufacturers are making tons of money off those characters. The snowman, Olaf, from the movie was also very popular this Halloween. 

Our family helped with that process, as you can see from the following photos. The two youngest dressed up as Princess Anna (on the left) and Elsa!
Princesses Anna (left) and Elsa from  Disney's "Frozen" Movie
They had the braided wigs, but for one reason or another, neither chose to wear them.  Go figure! Here is another of Princess Anna. 
Princess Anna from Disney's "Frozen" Movie
Unfortunately, I got the pizza boxes and soda bottles in the background. I obviously could have done a better job with the background in these shots! Hopefully, Princess Anna is lovely enough to distract from my lack of prowess in the photography area in all my photos.
With a Disney show playing in the background television(evidence of our obsession with all things Disney), our youngest granddaughter is pictured in a typical Elsa pose!
Princess  Elsa from Disney's "Frozen" Movie
Pirates always liven up the mix! Did you ever see a more beautiful pirate than the one pictured here?!
Our Pirate at Halloween
They can get somewhat rowdy, those pirates, and ours got pretty boisterous! She was frightening one of our princesses.
A Frightening Experience for Princess Elsa
Another snapshot of our young pirate caught in a more contemplative mood.
Our Pirate in a More Subdued Mood
A candid shot here of one of the bigger spooks (our daughter), the black cat, who is assisting the pirate to get "made up" for the occasion.
A  Mama Black Cat Helping her Little Pirate to Put on Makeup
Another shot of  Mama Black Cat. I thought she did a great job with her makeup and the pirate's, as well. She looks quite sly here! Do you suppose she might be about to pounce on an unsuspecting mouse?
A Black Cat Ready to Pounce
I think she is one fabulous cat in her costume. But, then again, mother's always say stuff like that!
One Gorgeous Black Cat!
I love my family and the friends who share times with us, both good and trying times. Life on our planet should never be taken for granted. It is an ever fleeting thing, life and those moments that make up a life. Time spent with loved ones is a gift not to be squandered or wasted. I do, so very much, treasure those moments!  It is my hope and prayer that my family and friends will always do the same with one another, even after I can no longer share precious moments with them.

Speaking of time, if you took your time to visit my blog today and to read my little Halloween post about some of the people who make my life and times so much more joyful, I want to thank you for doing so. I am very grateful for the time you have spent here, both now and in the past!


Comments

They are adorable LYNN!!!! My goodness are your girls beautiful and yes your daughter did a fantastic job with the makeup!!!! Sounds like a lovely Halloween celebration! And you are so right....life is sweet and should be enjoyed! What a blessing! Nicole xoxo
Ha, ha.. I didn't see the pizza boxes till you pointed them out, Lynn. I'm always forgetting things in the background. Looks like the young and not so young all had a great time.
Lynn,
LOVE this sweet post showing your beautiful family!
Time....... that is what I have not had a lot of lately ...Hence the reason for my Blog Posting Break. I have now pulled out of being a vendor at the church's Craft Fair and will not be a vendor until Joe retires in 2 years. It will be easier on both of us because of our crazy work schedules. This way I will still be in charge of the event but will actually be able to enjoy it.....
I am feeling better. Stress can wreck havoc in one's life, can't it? I am enjoying my break, getting my own home decorated for Christmas! Loving every moment of it!! I will be back to posting the week of Thanksgiving.... Thanks so much for always stopping by and taking the time to comment! I so appreciate your friendship!!

Hugs,
Deb
They're all dressed up so beautifully. Must have been a joy to have them around Lynn. Wishing you a beautiful day and sending you hugs

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House