This chair was purchased by my husband and I over thirty years ago when our youngest daughter was just a toddler. It is upholstered in velvet velour fabric from the late 70's. The frame, padding and cushion are all still in good condition so when my daughter wanted a nice, comfortable chair to create a reading nook in her master bedroom. I have made slipcovers in the past and thought this would be a good candidate for a slip. I started searching for some good ideas and was inspired when I checked in with missmustardseed.com and saw the great ways she was using paint drop cloths to make slipcovers. A trip to Home Depot netted a pack of 2 for around $10. Talk about a great buy! Most of the fabric in the drop cloths were used on this project, but a lot of tearing of cloth, fitting, tweaking and sewing resulted in the chair cover you now see. My sweet baby daughter loves it.