The first person to nominate me was the wonderfully talented Maria Nazareth of Maria's Creations at http://mscreations27.blogspot.com. This sweet lady makes some of the most intricate and beautifully colorful crochet projects I have ever seen. She uses mostly cotton threads and so her work is very intricately worked. Her fingers must move at the speed of lightning, because she turns out one beautiful creation after another. It always brightens my day to visit Maria's blog to see what she has been up to. She also uses her talents to turn out some pretty applique and embroidery pieces.
The second blogger to nominate me was the hilariously funny and fabulously talented Christine Graves. The name of her blog is Rustic & Refined and you can find her at http:\\cgtablescapes.blogspot.com. She is all about decorating and is especially talented at creating tablescapes in beautiful ways. The name of her blog describes her style pretty well, because she can mix those two elements up to make a table look terrific. I wish I could just whip things together and make them look as good as she does.
Okay, now another part of this nomination requires that I nominate some other great bloggers for this award. I have seen different numbers, so I am not really certain how many I'm supposed to list in this post. I visit many wonderful blogs, some of which already have been awarded the Liebster. Some have been around for a long time and I have been reading and/or following by email for years before I started my own blog. I think I should list some blogs that I read regularly and follow. I feel I have developed a little insight as to the personalities and interests of the authors of these blogs. In light of the fact that each blog must have fewer than 200 followers, I will take the liberty of "winging" it and will nominate just a few. I can honestly say that I recommend you visit these blogs and think you will not be dissapointed.
1. The lovely and funny Cheryl at A Nest on Feather Lane. She has a wonderful and fun-loving personality. She obviously loves her family as much as I do and her writing is heart-felt and beautiful.
2. The fabulously talented Erika at Das Blaue Haus at www.dasblauehaus.blogspot.com. Her creations are totally unique and are truly one-of-a kind. It is evident that she is passionate about her art.
3. The awe-inspiring Eusebia at Funkelgluck! at funkelglueck.blogspot.com. She creates wonderful whispy wool angels and dolls, among other things.
Between the two bloggers who nominated me, there were a total of 17 questions that I was to answer about myself. Well, once again, I am taking some liberty. This time, I think I am going to stick with that magic number and answer 11 questions. Believe me folks, you do not want to know that much about me. You know, TMI. Here are eleven questions asked of me:
- Which is your favorite movie? Honestly, I love all the old classics, particularly romances and some comedies. I do like some of the modern romance/mystery type movies,and this is my opinion and some of you will probably disagree, but actors just don't seem to have the serious talent that used to come out of Hollywood. The bars seems to have been lowered over the years.
- Do you like traveling? Yes, very much!
- My favorite place in the world? Traveling is wonderful, but home is my favorite place. That is where the people I love most are.
- What made you start blogging? As I stated earlier in this post, I love meeting people. I adore traveling and blogging is a great way to meet people from other places. Blogging is sort of like traveling to exotic places and meeting the people who live in those places, vicariously, that is. Oh, and I enjoy the written word, both writing, myself, and reading the things others write about!
- With regards to new bloggers that you come across, what is one thing you wish they WOULDN'T do? This might offend some bloggers, both new and old but, since you asked, it is what I feel. This probably doesn't pertain to only new bloggers, but I abhor vulgar language and profanity, so that is a real turn-off for me. It is my belief that if a person uses this type of language, it is because they want to either shock others in order to get attention or they possess a very limited vocabulary. I don't usually visit a blog like that a second time.
- What does your "me" time look like? Lately, it has involved a lot of blogging, but I am usually working on some project or another.
- What is the one thing that you like about yourself? I have a positive attitude most of the time.
- If you could be doing anything in five years, what would it be? I would be talking with my sweet son-in-law, who is battling Stage IV kidney cancer and I pray he will be here. He is a ray of sunshine in my life and the lives of many others and always has been.
- If you could see more posts on one subject, what would it be? Old European homes and gardens.
- Do you like animals? I do like animals very much, though I do not currently have any pets.
- How did you come up with your blog name? I have five grandchildren and they call me "Mimi." The "Mine" refers to the fact that my heart is theirs, they own it, totally. Therefore, Mimi Mine. For those of you who have grandchildren, you will totally understand!
Now for the questions for the bloggers I nominated. I am only going to ask six.
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you listen to music, what is your favorite type of music?
- Do you like antiques?
- Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
- Do you like the seashore?
- Do you enjoy collecting, if so, would you care to share what you collect?
I hope you will visit these blogs I have nominated. I think you will enjoy your visit!