Time For A Change of Scenery

Dear friends, you have reached the right place. It is I and this is, in fact, Mimi Mine blog. Some of my friends and family know me to be  somewhat impulsive and, I am afraid, also a little compulsive. Honestly, I cannot seem to leave things alone sometimes. Just when you think I'm behaving, I go and change things around. Well, this isn't the first time and, in case you are wondering, it might not be the last and, yes, I have changed the look of my blog. It started with just one little step into the water and before I could stop I was walking out a little farther and suddenly, I was swept away into the tides of change. That about sizes it up, it really does.

 Believe it or not, there is some method behind all this sudden madness.  It was as if I was looking at someone else's blog every time I signed on. The content was mine, if you get my drift, but the appearance was not. Granted, the previous look of this blog was colorful and gay and I love bright and cheerful and am known to be quite upbeat most of the time and I like to keep my posts as uplifting as possible. However, the previous look felt somewhat busy and, honestly, not my style. The simple truth is that I wish for you, my visitors, to feel relaxed, peaceful and undistracted when open my door and step into my little world. Can you imagine a sweeter state of mind and soul than that of taking a stroll under those enormously beautiful and sublime Southern Live Oak trees, positively dripping with wonderful moss? Better still, why not just spread a blanket, lie back and linger. Drink in the beauty and tranquility of that awesome place on a lazy, hazy summer day! 

These wonderful and very old trees are located on Saint Simons Island, Georgia, where my husband and I spent a few days last summer. We love to visit the Golden Isles, as they are called, and Saint Simons is one of them. It occurred to me that you might enjoy a few more photos of this wonderful island filled with history and romance.

Below is the old Christ Church at Fort Frederica, one of the many gorgeous places to see on the island. It appears that I was a little tipsy when I took this one and I suppose I should have worked with it a little more before posting.

The Christ Church near Historic Fort Frederica

This sign marks what was once called Broad Street at the Fort.


Broad Street in Historic Fort Frederica





This is Glenn and me standing near what remains of the only building left standing from the original days of the fort. Another picture shows a canon as was used to defend the fort hundreds of years ago. If you are a history buff, you will love learning the history of this place and the surrounding areas which make up the Golden Isles.
Ruins at Fort Frederica

Canon Used to Defend the Fort

Glenn stands in what was once called the Alley. 

The Alley at Fort Frederica

Heading back on over to where we stayed, at the beach and village of Saint Simons, here we have the Light House. We stayed at the Inn at the Light House. It was located right across the street from the Light House and we enjoyed it there. Each room had a unique decor and each was totally different from another.

Saint Simons Lighthouse 


























Saint Simons Light House at Night


This pelican is obviously a regular at the pier on the island and a truly amusing character.


Friendly Pelican


                                     Sunset on the ocean taken from the Pier at Saint Simons on a cloudy and beautiful last evening 

Sunset on the ocean at high tide on Saint Simons Island

There are so many marvelous places to visit and enjoy in this beautiful world of ours if we will but open our eyes to behold the blessings we have been given.

Saint Simons Island is such a place and is a place to go if you are in the mood for some history with a dash of romance!




Comments

Wilma said…
Dear Lynn,

Your blog is so beautiful, and peaceful indeed.
I know, see and feel what you mean.
Lovely !!
And yes we have to open our eyes to
see the things God gave us to enjoy.
I love the first photo when opening your blog!
I'm sure it shows something of the feel of your heart!

Hugs and Blessings to you Lynn,

Wilma.
Shabby Royale.
Lynn,
Beautiful pictures!! I just love the light house especially.
Thanks so much for always stopping by and offering me words of encouragement as I begin this weight loss jounrney...

Hugs,
Deb
lynn cockrell said…
Wilma, I am so pleased that you dropped by and commented on the new look. Yours was the first opinion and I am thankful for your input. It really is more "me" and hopefully evokes a little of the hospitality I am trying to convey. Wishing you a beautiful and blessed day!
lynn cockrell said…
Debbie, I'm really happy to hear from you and I pray you are feeling well. I am cheering you on in your quest to achieve better health. Maybe some of it will rub off on me and get me moving more. I really appreciate your comments about the pictures. I'm sure it is obvious I am NO photographer and my little camera can only do so much. I love lighthouses too. They are fast becoming extinct in this age of technology. I have been known to purchase entire books on lighthouses and I have a small collection of ornaments for the Christmas tree. I look for a new one or two each year, but there don't seem to be many about any more. Thanks so much for leaving a comment and, please, keep me posted about your knee as I really am concerned. Hope you have a wonderful day!
OH Lynn!!! It is gorgeous! I'm thinking I want to mark this one down for a family road trip!!! I love the old trees! They feel so magical and I can smell the air through your pictures! I can see why you like to visit there! As for your blog I totally get that feeling! You did a wonderful job! The new feeling is fresh and crisp!! I hope that you have a lovely day and I look forward to seeing those garden boxes!!
Patty said…
I'm with you in changing my blog. I love to change things because it's so creative. I have made so many blog headers it isn't funny! Your picture is peaceful and I enjoyed seeing where you took your trip.
Anya said…
Hi Lynn, what's happening? Where is your blog? what about all your followers? I'm happy and honoured that you still follow me...the places you have posted are wonderful. Happy birthday to Glenn!
Hugs,
Bogomilla
Holly Lefevre said…
It is so important to make sure your blog reflects yo in order to keep it fun! It is beautiful over here...always!
Oh, these photos bring back memories of our trips to Hilton Head Island. I just love that area of the country! So pretty.
lynn cockrell said…
Patty, I'm so grateful to you for coming by and leaving your encouraging comments about the new look of my blog. It is heartening to know that I'm not the only one who has changed things up more than a time or two. I just came from your place and I positively love your eggs! I'm a big fan of chalkboard paint and it it is fabulous the way you used it in such a wonderful and creative way. Have a beautiful day!
lynn cockrell said…
Dear Bogomilla, thanks so much for coming by to check out my new look! Your kind comments are very much appreciated. My "followers" are now on the top right side and "friends" section moved to a position at the bottom of the posts. This is the format which seemed to fit the page best. I may have to change that again. Of course, I am still one of your followers. I love your pretty blog and the ideas you share are always inspiring. I stopped by your blog a few minutes ago and I really enjoyed your post about the "cottage" look. That look is so appealing to me, also, and I am planning to lighten up my walls with some paint before long, maybe when summer arrives and my little Rachel will not be here with me. She is very well-behaved, but it is better to wait until little ones are not about to open a can of paint!
lynn cockrell said…
Holly, thanks for taking time out of your busy day to drop by. Thanks, also, for your sweet comments. I hope the new look imparts my feelings. I always enjoy reading your posts to see what you are up to and, I must say, I don't know how you manage everything as you do! Your energy is to be envied. Have a wonderful day!
lynn cockrell said…
Jennifer, thanks so much for stopping by to visit for awhile! I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures and it is great to hear that you have been down there and seen, first hand,some of these great places. I grew up not far from there, southeast of Savannah, GA,and just a short trip over to Tybee Island, another nice place to visit. Have a fabulous day!
Anya said…
Hi Lynn, I love your comments. They are always so sweet! Yes, I've seen where the follower's gadget is positioned but I was wondering where all your followers have gone! you had lots and lots if I remember well... anyway, thank you for coming and seeing me. Which chick do you prefer? that with the freehand machine embroidery style or the other one?? kisses Bogomilla
lynn cockrell said…
Nicole, thanks so much for coming by and giving me your thoughts. I'm glad you like the new look. I still have not been able to work on my garden boxes. I hope to get something started this weekend. Have a wonderful and blessed day!
It's beautiful, Lynn! You did a lovely job with your change of scenery. I can already tell it's more of you just knowing how you love your family and traveling! So excited to see more of your photos, too!
Decor To Adore said…
I always find your blog to be so peacefully lovely. I so enjoyed this post.

Happy Palm Sunday!
lynn cockrell said…
I'm so glad you visited, Laura, and glad you enjoyed the post. I'm slowly figuring things out, at least I'm trying anyway. Bless you!

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House