A Weekend with Friends, Family and Blessings

This past weekend was pretty busy. We spent the early part of Friday afternoon in Columbia, S.C., doing a little shopping to help out the Easter Bunny.Friday night, we were invited to Aiken's downtown area by my friend, Harriette, and her family of barbecue cooking marvels "Smokin' Stacks"  for some great food and fun. They competed in Aiken on Saturday. The night before  a cook-off, most of the teams prepare some sort of  food for themselves, their families and some friends. For this get-together, they fried up what a lot of southerners commonly refer to as "a mess of fish." Along with the fish came freshly fried chips, hush-puppies and coleslaw.  It was all positively delicious!
The Logo on the Side of Smokin' Stacks' Trailer


Their barbecue is out-of-this world good. FYI, Smokin' Stacks uses and is also a dealer for Backwoods Smokers. The team has won many awards and trophies over the years and placed fourth in pork last October at a national event in Las Vegas, NV. If you would care to see more about "Smokin' Stacks" and Backwoods Smokers, you can go to Mid-State Consulting

www.midstateconsultingllc.com .  


Pit-Master, Jeff, Harriette And Larry



Several Friends Came From Georgia and Ohio to Enjoy the Pre-competition Festivities.
Harriette made these cute Easter Bunny Cakes for the event. Connie made a great strawberry dessert, but I'm afraid I didn't get a picture of it. There was also a really good chocolate layer cake. I really fell down on the job with dessert photos.

Harriette and Connie
We had a really good time. There was a play going on at the Aiken Playhouse which was directly across from our location. Two uninvited women, quite well-dressed, nonchalantly stopped by our serving table, asked what type of fish we were having and complained that they never eat flounder(which is what we were having). They each then filled up a plate, not only with flounder,  but everything else. They gobbled it up, then proceeded on to the Playhouse for the show, with never so much as a how-do-you-do, much less a thank-you. If they only knew what generous people my friends are, they would know they would have been welcomed, had they but asked.
All things said and done, we had to admit the jaw-dropping scenario, although bazaar, was ridiculously entertaining and we had a good laugh about it.

On Easter Sunday, our two daughters, their husbands, five grand-children, my husband's sister, Janet and her adorable 2 yr. old grandson, came over for the Easter meal and then we hid 134 plastic eggs, many with little prizes inside. The Bunny had left them some goodies here, too.The children all had a ball opening their baskets and hunting eggs. I snapped a few pictures of the goings on.
My Precious Daughters, Angela (Left) And Stephanie. Oh, How I Love These Two!

Janet, My Sweet Sister-in-law.
Five Grands And Austin, Our Adorable Grand-nephew, In Blue Shirt.
Facing Camera, Glenn And Jewelynn
Sophie
Rachel
Stephen
I hope I haven't bored you too much sharing these friend and family events and photos. Please, take time to love and be loved. We have learned how precious moments together are and we realize, more than ever before, that these times should never be taken for granted. All-in-all, it was a wonderful weekend and we felt so amazingly blessed to have such special moments to share love with friends and family.



Comments

Lynn, not boring at all...I enjoyed seeing your precious family and hearing about your time together. So glad it was a blessed Easter for you all!
I love posts like these! It helps us all get to know you better! Your family is beautiful! Sounds like the perfect weekend! Happy Easter to you!
Patty said…
Loved seeing your family and friends. What great memories you made. Your daughters are beautiful. I can totally relate to the love of daughters.
Lynn what a sweet family you have. Hubby and I had BBQ in N.C. a few years ago when we went to visit his sister. She has since moved here. It was also the first time I saw the moss hanging from the trees. I love moss and it had me in awe. lol! Sounds like you had a great time and the food sounds so yummy.
hugs,
Jann
Anya said…
Hi Lynn! I watched in TV the American tradition about eggs left in the garden (even your President plays...). It seems funny for the kids! We don't have this custom. Thank you again for you comment. You are really kind. I'd like to know you..may be one day. Meanwhile, I give you an award The Liebster award. You can go to my page called Awards and grab one, which one you prefer. I hope you are glad. You only have to link to my blog. That's it. Have a wonderful day!
Bogomilla
Anonymous said…
Enjoyed checking this out and not a bad idea on the fish fry gonna cook up some we caught fresh yesterday tonight.
Unknown said…
ok that was your favorite and best looking nephew
lynn cockrell said…
Thanks so much, Nicole! I am what I am and my family is a big part of me, but I'll try not to get too carried away but, hopefully, it is okay once in a while. Your comments are so sweet and always so encouraging to this struggling blogger. Bless you!
lynn cockrell said…
I hope you are all over the shingles now, Jessica, and that your Easter weekend was good with your family. Easter was blessed for sure, but each day is a blessing! Thanks so much.
lynn cockrell said…
Thanks, Patty! I never gave birth to any boys,so my girls and I are very close. They both married good men, so I have been blessed with sons in that way. I've learned a lot about little boys, too, because I've been very involved in bringing up my grandsons because of providing day care for them here. They have all been a source of joy. I'm so glad you came by and got to know us a little better. Thanks!
lynn cockrell said…
Thank you, Jann, for your sweet comments. My grand-children are very much at home when they are at our house, because they have spent so much time here. For that, I am very grateful. Jeff really does do a wonderful job when he makes the barbecue. I was raised even farther down south than we live here, near Savannah, so moss was something I took for granted. There is not nearly so much of it in this part of S.C. When I was a child, I guess I took it for granted, so when we head down that way, I always look forward to seeing it. Have a blessed weekend!
lynn cockrell said…
Bogomilla, I am so sorry that I didn't understand the other comment you left. I am going to head on over to your blog again and look for the award. This is so sweet of you and I am honored. I also got nominated for this Liebster award by 2 other bloggers "Maria Creates" and "Rustic and Refined". I did a post on it last week if you would like to read it. Thank you so very much. You are an angel!
Lynn,
So happy to see your precious family!!

Thanks so much for always stopping by!! And for your kind words and words of encouragement on my weight loss journey... I have lost another 2.4 pounds!!

Hugs,
Deb
Anonymous said…
I lіke thе helpful info you ѕupply
fог your articlеs. Ι'll bookmark your blog and test once more right here frequently. I'm relatіvely ѕure I will be tolԁ mаny
new ѕtuff proper right heгe! Good lucκ for
the next!

Mу web page - Arjun Kanuri
Anonymous said…
Gгeetіngs fгom Coloгado!
I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your blog on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't ωait tο tаκе
a lοoκ ωhen I gеt home. I'm surprised at how quick your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm
not eѵen using WIFΙ, јust 3G .. Αnyhow,
аmazing ѕіtе!

my web-ѕite ... Lloyd Irvin
Anonymous said…
I always spent my half an houг to reaԁ this web site's articles every day along with a mug of coffee.

my web-site: reputation management

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House