A Snow Day


I had planned to post last week about the rare snow day we had down here. Because of unforeseen circumstances, that post did not happen.

Since snow is a pretty rare event here compared to many other places in the U.S., I decided to post a few pictures, just the same. For those of you who might be tired of the white stuff and the aggravation and inconveniences that sometimes come along with it, please indulge me with this short post.

These shots show how it looked in our front yard view on Wednesday morning of last week:

 Here is what things looked like in the back:

There was snow at the Bluebird's residence, as well:
I caught our neighbors, Angela and Leonard, as they ventured out. We have such good neighbors and friends all around us and we love them!
Angela Surely Looks Happy to Have Snow
Leonard is Getting the Cars Ready to Go
The snow seemed to be appreciated by this Cardinal, my favorite winter bird! 

My sweet husband always makes sure all our feathered friends have something to eat, but especially when there is ice or snow on the ground.
 Over at my daughter, Stephanie's, house they were really enjoying the rare occasion when there was enough fluffy and beautiful snow in which to get outside and play.
This is another picture of the girls(Sophie on the left and Rachel on the right) with my sweet daughter and their Mommy, Stephanie.
No, it did not snow for long and it did not snow very much. But, yes, we in the Central Savannah River Area really do enjoy that rare, blissful and beautiful snow day!



Comments

Laurie said…
It's gorgeous Lynn! We didn't get that much. And I do love the Cardinal! But I think your granddaughters stole the show.
lynn cockrell said…
I hope we get more, but will be surprised if we do. Just hope the folks in Atlanta area can enjoy it if we do. I felt really sorry for those poor people. About the grands, I think they are pretty great, but being a grandmother, too, I am sure you can relate! Thanks for stopping Laurie. Have a wonderful weekend!
Patty Antle said…
Your home is so pretty Lynn. I love white houses. It's especially white now with the snow. :)
I LOVE your house! And the snow! Thanks for sharing. I am in the high desert of southern california...we might get a few drops of rain when it is really cold, and a day or two of an inch or so of snow once a year...other than that, we aren't very pretty here!!! Bet your house looks great with all the green of the summer too!
Unknown said…
It is so very pretty! I wish we had snow! xoxo Jen
Lynn,
Great snow pics!!

Thanks so much for always stopping by and leaving such sweet comments, my friend!!

Hugs,
Debbie
Carole said…
Hi Lynn, thanks so much for dropping by to say hello. Snow, can't say it's my favorite thing although it sure looks pretty. Living on the West Coast, snow doesn't make an appearance too often but occasionally it arrives, in fact expecting some tonight. Have a great day!
Here in Northern California we are praying for snow and rain so this looks sweet to me. I wish i could see a cardinal they are so beautiful.
Deborah Weber said…
Thanks for stopping by by blog and saying hello - and it's a delight to come visit you. Your snow-enhanced home is lovely, and how fun to see the wee ones enjoying the white stuff so much! Such gorgeous smiles one can't help but grin back in return. While I'm from a part of the country that's been experiencing record-breaking amounts of snow and frigid temps, it really is fun seeing the delight with fresh eyes. And what a lovely cardinal - they are always such a treat to see!
Unknown said…
I'm still catching up from the Grow Your Blog party. Your photos are beautiful!

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House