My family and many of my friends know how much I adore French inspired creations and design. The flourish of the curly-cues and curves are so appealing. An image of the Eiffel Tower in any form sets my imagination into high gear. It will come as no surprise to people who know me well that when I feel the desire to get creative, it is often with a French flair. So, when pondering what to make for Joanne, a dear friend of mine, I designed the stenciled pillow covers shown in this post. I constructed the pillow cover/shams myself from a twin sized white cotton sheet and embellished the opening edges with black grosgrain ribbon before sewing the side seam together. If you prefer not to sew your own, you can purchase a pair and begin from there. This image could be reduced a little in size and applied to hand towels, etc. My Cricut Expression was used to make the stencil for the design and the cartridge used was Storybook. The design used was a flower design which ...
Have you heard about the "Grow Your Blog"party? I will tell you all about it in this post but if you are new to my blog, then allow me introduce myself. My name is Lynn Cockrell and, among other things, I am a wife, mother and grandmother. The things I love most are God, my family and my friends and I enjoy spending time with all of them. In addition, I enjoy crafting, sewing, reading and DIY. Visiting thrift stores is a favorite past-time of mine. It brings me satisfaction to take old or used items and give them new purpose and a chance to "live" again in the form of home design projects and/or gifts for family and friends. I also love to travel though, as I have stated before, I am certainly not a world traveler. There are many places which I aspire to visit in the future and I have dreams of such wonderful and exciting destinations. My Pinterest boards are somewhat of a testament to those aspirations. There are some places that I have visited many times ov...
I am updating this post today 3/25/2013 about the pie my mother-in-law used to make to link up to Jessica at http://www.ahumblecreation.com/ for her "A New Creation" Link Party. My husband, Glenn, celebrated a birthday last week. He received a very special surprise from his sweet sister, Sharon, who brought by an absolutely gorgeous and delicious Chocolate Meringue Pie. The story behind this pie goes back some forty or fifty years to the days when their mother was still living and Glenn was a young teenager. She passed away when only in her early fifties. She was a special lady and a wonderful cook, as was my husband's father. I was truly blessed to have known both of them to have shared many good times in their lovely home. Meals with them were always such warm and wonderful gatherings, where good food was abundant. Great meals with them were not limited to holidays and there was always some fabulous dessert at the end of a meal made by Mama...
Comments