Mimi's Missing In Action And The Last Of Mam Maw's "Fandy" And Chocolate Kiss(Hug) Cookies

Dear Fellow Bloggers. You may have noticed I've been MIA for a while. I'm sending out a quick post to say I am presently trying to "give birth" to twin kidney stones(one for each kidney). I started having a lot of discomfort in my side back area a week or so ago and tried to ignore it, in hopes it would just go away. Friday afternoon, it became excruciating that my husband, my sweet daughters and I spent Friday night and into Saturday morning at the ER of Georgia Regents(more like a visit to a zoo on the weekend). Between the auto accident victims, domestic dispute casualties, flu patients--you get the idea, the doctors ran the exams and tests and determined the aforementioned condition. We were there for many hours. Believe me, if I had not been in pure agony, I would have given up and gone home. I'm not knocking the ER or anything, that is just the nature of a visit to any ER, I suppose. Needless to say, I am still in a lot of pain but just wanted to take a minute or two to touch base with you all. Please excuse any drug-induced or pain provoked comments or miss-spellings that are posted here.

I was able to try out a couple of Valentine's treat recipes that were posted on some fabulous blogs, before I was so incapacitated. Namely, Mam Maw's Fudge/Candy which I affectionately now call Mam Maw's Fandy from Audrey over at http://NeverendingDecorating.blogspot.comNeverendingdecorating.blogspot.com. As I told Audrey, Mam Maw knew what she was doing when she came up with that recipe. It is delicious! I also tried out Tracey's recipe for Chocolate Kiss Cookies at www.thekitchenismyplayground.com. Glenn(my husband and Valentine) and I have enjoyed both. My youngest grand-daughter, Rachel, helped me with the cookies and she had lots of fun doing that(wish I had taken a picture of her doing that.) We used Hershey Hugs, as Glenn and the grand-kids like those best. These batches were shared with my two daughters and their families, who ALL loved both treats!

This is a picture of the little bit that remains of the treats.

Folks, I am praying that the source of my agony will soon "pass," if you get my drift. I have a really great project to post. It is one that my BFF, Harriette, and I have been planning and creating for several weeks. We are going to have a tutorial on it. We are almost finished with the project, which is a large one, and are excited to get the finished project and tutorial posted!

God bless you all and have a lovely and blessed Sunday!

Lynn
28